As a valued supplier, you play an important role in protecting our information and networks from cyber threats. No one is immune to these attacks, and while we actively work to strengthen our cybersecurity defenses from these ever evolving threats, your cooperation and diligence are needed to ensure we appropriately manage risk throughout our supply chain. As your cybersecurity capabilities mature, you will be better positioned to secure sensitive information and may gain a competitive advantage. Being knowledgeable of potential threats and understanding how to manage those threats is of paramount importance. There are a number of resources to help you develop and improve your cybersecurity risk management program including online or in person training, conferences, podcasts, blogs, local & virtual user group meetings, videos, newsletters, email announcements, and wikis. There are also several government and industry organizations that provide information and guidance on cybersecurity threats, controls, and risk management techniques. While Lockheed Martin does not endorse any specific organization or set of controls, below are a few that may help.
- Center for Internet Security
- National Institute of Standards and Technology – Computer Security Division
- International Organization for Standardization - search ISO 27001 and 27002
- SANS (SysAdmin, Audit, Network, Security) Institute
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- The Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative