LifePort receives TSO Approval for Stanchion Litter System
LifePort Stanchion Litter System installed in the KC-135R.
WOODLAND, WASHINGTON – July 25, 2016 LifePort, a Sikorsky company, has obtained the Federal Aviation Administration’s Technical Standard Order (TSO) approval for the company’s Stanchion Litter System (SLS). Originally designed and currently in-service with the U.S. Air Force, the SLS represents a significant capability improvement over previously fielded systems – saving over 2,000 pounds in the U.S. Air Force KC-135R Stratotanker airplane. Sikorsky is A Lockheed Martin Company (NYSE: LMT).
The SLS can safely accommodate many transport litter types and is designed to be compatible with a wide variety of aircraft, enhancing mission profiles and increasing operational flexibility.
Delivering the system with FAA TSO makes it easier for both domestic and international operators to install the system. Features of the SLS include:
- Secures quickly to aircraft’s cargo attachment points or seat track of custom interface
- Is compatible across multiple platforms
- Weighs less than 155 pounds
- Installs in less than 10 minutes
- Includes accessory rails for attachment of cargo or medical devices
- Litter retention brackets are adjustable laterally and vertically to accommodate most transport litters
For additional information on LifePort’s suite of products, please visit our website at www.lifeport.com.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 125,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.